Acacia Coal (ASX:AJC) is a publicly listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) involved in coal exploration and mine development.
Vision and Investment Focus
Its focus is on allocating capital to coal projects that are distinguished by:
- Quality of opportunity – We do not believe size of project is critical for a junior coal company
- The ability to achieve an ungeared, Post tax IRR of 30% in Australian dollar terms using mid cycle coal price and exchange rate assumptions
- No infrastructure spend of significance
- A preference for metallurgical coal, and niche markets with strong defensive pricing through the cycle
- Potential interest by strategic investors for project funding or eventual disposal
Acacia’s philosophy is that while the company is headquartered in Perth, its management must be close to its assets, and live “in country” to maintain the closest focus possible on operational delivery.